Investigating, evaluating, and litigating coverage questions in property and casualty insurance policies. Some of our cases include:
- Successfully defending a carrier against a $250,000 business interruption claim on the basis of failure to comply with policy conditions including production of documents and proofs of loss. (M & W Recreation vs. Northbrook Property and Casualty Insurance Company)
- Obtaining a summary judgment for the insurer on a half million dollar claim seeking recovery for breakdown of a printing press. The insured alleged the breakdown was due to sabotage by an employee, but the insurer proved it was due to mechanical defect. (Graphic Reproductions vs. Northbrook Property and Casualty Insurance Company)
- Obtaining a summary judgment for the insurer in a large theft claim where the insured alleged the loss occurred from a newly acquired location. The court found that the location was not “new”, and the loss was not covered. (WH Trading vs. Allstate Insurance Company)
- Pursuing a declaratory judgment action for an insurance carrier seeking a court declaration on the duty to defend and indemnify an insured in a lawsuit seeking major damages predicated on allegations of sexual abuse.
- Representing insurance carriers in declaratory actions on a variety of liability and property coverage defenses in both commercial and personal lines policies.